Pivot Table is a visualization type that aggregates data by combinations of dimensions and measures. Pivoting data is a useful and essential technique in the business world, so we have written a dedicated blog post explaining What is a Pivot Table and how to use it.
Pivot Table is useful when you still want to present your data in table form, but with more meaningful aggregations like sum, average, min, max...
It is very easy to create Pivot Table in Holistics. In Rows and Columns fields, select the dimensions that you want to aggregate your data on. In Values field, select the column that you want to aggregate. Note that the Values field always contains an aggregation.
There are two ways to sort data in Pivot Table:
- Go to Pivot Table → Add field to sort, and select sort order on Viz Settings → Get Result; or
- Click on Angle icon on Pivot Header
Note that you are only able to sort fields that are using in Pivot Table.
- Pagination Size: Number of rows displayed per page of table
- Display empty cell as 0: Enable it if you want to convert your empty cell to zero
- Row Height: Clip (single-line) or wrap (multiple-line) long-content cell
Conditional Formatting in Pivot Table works the same as in Table.
- Grand Total:
- Row Total: the sum of all values on a row
- Column Total: The sum of all values on a column
- Sub Total: Total of values by some dimensions
Updated 3 months ago