This version is currently in active development, please reach out if you want to become beta user.
What is Holistics As-Code?
Holistics As-Code (or Holistics 4.0) is the latest update of Holistics.
The key update of Holistics 4.0 is the ability to do analytics work by writing code using a text-based markup language. Doing analytics work using code has many benefits:
- Version Control: Since analytics is code, analytics code can be easily checked in to Version Control Systems like Git. This allows you to track who changed what when.
- Code Review: Every change to analytics code can be submitted for review before deploying to production.
- Code Reuse: Analytics logic can be expressively defined, refactored and reused across multiple instances.
The language used in Holistics As-Code is called AML (Analytics Modeling Language). In another term, your entire data system can be serialized into code and the syntax for that is called AML.
- There is no loss of functionalities between Holistics 3.0 and 4.0. Holistics 4.0 simply adds an as-code layer on top.
- Holistics 4.0 users have the option to switch between a Code interface and a UI interface.