What is Holistics?
Holistics is a self-service & data modeling platform that enables non-technical users to get access to analytics without bothering data teams. Once raw data is stored in a data warehouse, data teams use Holistics to transform, model the data and prepare well-defined datasets and reports for key data consumers.
- Data Analysts gain full control of their data flows via Data Modeling layer.
- Non-technical users can answer their own business questions without relying too much on the analysts.
How Holistics Works
These are the high-level steps in Holistics:
- Connect: You connect Holistics to an existing SQL data warehouse.
- Model & Transform: You use Holistics Data Modeling to model and transform analytics data.
- Dataset Building: You build datasets (a combination of data models)
- Self-service Analytics: Non-technical users can self-service explore data based on datasets prepared by data teams, or build interactive reporting dashboards.
- Sharing: Dashboards can be shared with others, or pushed to other platforms (email, Slack, webhooks, etc)
How you interact with Holistics
The way you interact with Holistics depends on your role in the organization:
- If you are data analysts, data engineers, data leaders... you are "data builders" who will make full use of Holistics's functions to build data pipeline and prepare clean data sets ready to be consumed by the whole organization.
- If you are product managers, sales, marketing team members... who use data to make decisions daily but are less technically inclined, you are "data consumers" and have access to only the self-service exploration and reporting layer of Holistics.
For more details on what each role is capable of, you can check the following links: