This document aims to give an overview of all active product versions in Holistics.
How many versions are there in Holistics?
In brief, there are four different versions with different :
- Version 2.0: This version requires you strong technical knowledge since all reports are built directly from scratch by using SQL. This version is no longer being actively developed.
- Version 2.5: A combination of 2.0 and 3.0 where you can both keep the old way to create reports from SQL and experience our Data Modeling Layer.
- Version 2.7: A more stable and upgraded version than Holistics 2.5, where 2.0 and 3.0 features are used and managed separately. Hence, it provides 2.0 customers a clearer migration path to 3.0 version.
- Version 3.0: our latest, actively developing version.
To differentiate these four versions in details, please take a glance at the following table:
|Item||Description||Version 2.0||Version 2.5||Version 2.7||Version 3.0|
Data Modeling Layer
A real-time semantic layer above the database that centralizes all data components and logics of an organization
Data Import / Transform
Managed via Data Manager
Managed via Data Manager and Data Modeling
Managed via Data Modeling
• Metric Sheet 3.0 (coming soon): Supports filtering, email schedule,…
• Dashboard 2.0: Compatible with SQL Reports. • Dashboard 3.0: Compatible with Dataset Reports.
Note: If a dashboard 2.0 stores a report 3.0, this report cannot be applied filter due to the version conflict
Users can save tables/charts as independent reports
All reports have to be stored in a dashboard
Bust Cache feature in Cache Settings
Allow users to bust all cache in reports, filters, etc.