Connecting Holistics to BigQuery
This document shows steps to set up a new BigQuery data source for use with Holitics' reporting and adhoc query features. Following the steps below to set up Google BigQuery data source.
Step 1: Create Google service account
- Go to Google console's service account page
- Create a new service account by clicking on the "CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT" button.
- IMPORTANT: Check the "Furnish a new private key" checkbox then choose JSON key type to ensure a private key is available.
- Click on the Create button to create a new service account. The private key should be downloaded at the same time.
Step 2: Add Google BigQuery data source
- Go to
Admin -> Data Sources. Click "New Data Source" button.
- Fill in the name of the data source. Set the data source type to "bigquery".
- Fill in the project ID of your BigQuery project as well as dataset.
- In the JSON credentials text box, copy and paste the content of JSON file downloaded in the previous step.
- Click on "Test connection" link to ensure the connection works.
- Click on Submit button to finish
Now you can use your BigQuery data source in your reports and adhoc queries!