A Holistics dashboard lets you group reports, metrics and text widgets in a single page that can be shared with other.
Here's a quick overview of what you can do with dashboards.
- Share dashboards with user(s) and user group(s)
- Export/Schedule dashboard as PDF to Email/Slack
Select 'New Dashboard' from Dashboard tab
You can new widget by creating New Report or adding Existing Report into your dashboard
You can add as many Widgets as you want to create your own Dashboard
Widget Settings allow you to customize the widget's background and filters.
To customize them, click on the Settings Icon and select Widget Settings
This setting allows you to change the background color of the selected widget, to reset click X icon
You can override dashboard's filters by configuring filter values of each widget
Dashboard filters allow you to filter across all the reports in your dashboards. To add a dashboard filter, click on the Add Button.
- Select from your list of Shared Filter from the dropdown list
Select a shared filter:
- Select a variable name that you like to use in this Shared Filter from the dropdown list
Variable Name (*). This variable name is linked to filters in the dashboard's report with the same name (who will be highlighted)
- You can override the default value for the dashboard (so it takes precedence over all the report default values)
Some notes about dashboard filters:
We strongly recommend all reports within the dashboard is filtered by the dashboard filter to have more consistency for your reporting needs. If you need to include reports within the dashboard that will not be affected by the dashboard filter, make it clear in your report (either through text widgets or explicitly labeling them) to avoid confusion.
Metricsin Holistics does not support filters. If you like to filter a single number (metric), we suggest you create a report that returns only a single value with the ready filters.
You may like to check the view from different user groups that you will be sharing the dashboard to ensure that the sub-reports of the dashboards are shared with them.
Now, you can easily export your Dashboard to PDF file by simply Click Export -> PDF
Dashboard emails let you send all the information within the dashboard on a scheduled basis to a group of recipients automatically.
To schedule a dashboard email, click on the gear icon on the top right >>
The interface for scheduling dashboard emails is similar to that of scheduling emails for reports with the differences below:
- A scheduled dashboard email is the same as a list of report emails stacked in a single (responsive) email.
- You can choose whether your scheduled email should contain data from either all the dashboard widgets or selected dashboard widgets.
- The order in which the widgets are displayed in your email is arranged from left to right, top to bottom as per the arrangement in your dashboard (see below)
Shareable links provide a private URL link to access your dashboard without the need to login to Holistics.
If you want to allow viewers to the filter's value, you can set them "Changeable"
When you want to project your dashboard into a big-screen monitor, you can set the dashboard to refresh at a specified interval. This updates the dashboard with the latest data automatically.
When a dashboard is in auto-refresh mode, there is extra information about the interval and next refresh time.
For more information visit Data Caching